24 Apr 23

Guest post by Colin Smith our planning expert

Serviced accommodation short term lets are to have a new Use Class C5 , and a permitted development right to swap between standard residential use C3 and the new C5.

Big change is that this will give planning authorities control by using article 4 directions to prevent C5 use.

Look out for a swathe of new Article 4 directions to take away your rights. 

Make sure if you are already operating a C5 property that you hold the correct evidence to keep your right to use as SA because the council will do everything in its power to deny you continued use when it introduces an Article 4 Direction based on C3/C4 history! 

Use Class C5

“Use of a dwellinghouse that is not a sole or main residence for temporary sleeping accommodation for the purpose of holiday, leisure, recreation, business or other travel.”

This is a huge change for serviced accommodation operators. 

Read more here

Thank you for reading

Need to discuss your issue? Confidential Call: 0208 088 0788 now.

Or fill in our contact form here.

Keep up with the latest from Landlord Licensing & Defence…

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to find all our videos on Regulations, RRO, HMOs and much more! 

Join our private Facebook Group where you’ll find a support network of other landlords and experts as well as case studies and how to avoid council fines.

Follow us on Social Media for the latest in Property and Licensing…

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}