Careless action with smoldering ash destroys entire hotel

25 Jan 2021 A hotel fire which claimed the lives of two men started after a porter put a bag of ash and embers in a cupboard containing kindling and newspaper. Simon Midgley and his partner Richard Dyson died in the fire at Cameron House next to Loch Lomond in...

Licensed Deathtraps

07 Oct 2020 This story concerns two slum-like death trap HMOs which had both been granted recent HMO Licences by Lincoln City Council and condemned as unsafe for habitation by an independent expert. One such HMO Licence was granted as recently as January 2020 and even...

Exploding 15 fire door myths

10 Sep 2018 Fire Door Safety Week is an annual event which aims to focus on issues around fire doors and fire safety. In anticipitation of this year’s campaign (running 24 – 30 September) here’s an article produced by the British Woodworking...

Subscribe to receiveall the latest updates on regulation and legislation

Join our newsletter & mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our experts.

You have Successfully Subscribed!