08 Jan 24

A London cafe owner landlord was given a £60,000 fine after a man died on the premises after being electrocuted.

Sukran xxxx, who owns Adams Café – which includes a letting room – in  Croydon, and her company was also given a 26-week suspended prison sentence and told to do 200 hours of community service.

Her case was heard at Croydon Magistrates Court on Monday, March 20, after Croydon Council’s food and safety team investigated the death by electrocution of Mustafa Ozbek on January 21, 2020.

Mr Ozbek was living in a room at the back of the cafe.

xxxx had paid an unqualified electrician to carry out work twice in 2016 and 2019.

Thank you for reading

Need to discuss your issue? Confidential Call: 0208 088 0788 now.

Or fill in our contact form here.

Keep up with the latest from Landlord Licensing & Defence…

Subscribe to our YouTube Channel to find all our videos on Regulations, RRO, HMOs and much more! 

Join our private Facebook Group where you’ll find a support network of other landlords and experts as well as case studies and how to avoid council fines.

Follow us on Social Media for the latest in Property and Licensing…

Follow us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}